The purpose of the dress code is to help students develop standards for their personal appearance and to insure their safety in the school environment. School attire must also support a safe academic environment free from distraction. If a student comes to school dressed inappropriately, parent/guardians will be contacted to bring a change of clothes for their child. It is the student's and parent's responsibility to see that these standards are followed.
1. Shoes: Shoes should be appropriate for running activities. No high heels, flip flops or skate shoes. Sandals must have a heel strap.
2. Make-up: No make-up, cosmetics, hair products or grooming aids are allowed.
3. Pants/shorts/skirts/dresses: Pants must be worn at the waist. Skirts and shorts must be at the end of the fingertips. Leggings may be worn under appropriate pants, shorts or skirts/dresses.
4. Shirts: No bare midriffs, spaghetti straps, halter tops, see-through shirts or inappropriate slogans or pictures, Tank tops must have a 1 inch shoulder strap.
5. Hats: Hats are to be warn outside only with the visor worn forward. No do-rags or scarves.
6. No gang attire or wallets with chains.
7. No extreme or spray painted hair color.
Exceptions to the dress code may be made for spirit days or school fun days at the discretion of the principal. Parents will be notified when such an exception is made.
Please keep our dress code in mind any time you visit or volunteer at school. We are models for our children!
The principal shall make the final determination regarding the appropriateness of a student's attire.